2. Kayreed Board & Timber respects Your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it and will implement and operate all reasonable information security controls in order to protect and preserve the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of all personal information and the risks relating thereto.
3. In the event that You:
3.1. register as a user on the Kayreed Board & Timber website, https://www.kayreed.co.za (“Website”) and/or sign up to receive newsletters and/or marketing information and/or complete an in-store or online customer information and/or consultation card, Kayreed Board & Timber may require You to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as Your name and surname, credit card details, email address, physical address, date of birth, and/or mobile telephone number (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”);
3.2. supply your Personal Information to Kayreed Board & Timber in terms of clause 3.1 or for any other reason whatsoever, You expressly agree and acknowledge that Kayreed Board & Timber may:
3.2.1. provide You with access to Your Personal Information to view and/or update Your personal details;
3.2.2. take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that Your Personal Information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
3.2.3. promptly notify You if it becomes aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of Your Personal Information;
3.2.5. upon Your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of Your Personal Information in its possession or control.
4. Please note that:
4.1. in certain circumstances the Personal Information, which You provide to Kayreed Board & Timber, may be shared by Kayreed Board & Timber with its suppliers and/or partners (collectively referred to as the “Third Parties”), provided that such Third Parties are subject to data protection laws, which provide an adequate level of protection in relation to the processing and use of Personal Information;
4.2. by providing Personal Information to Kayreed Board & Timber, You will be deemed to have provided your express consent to the use and lawful processing thereof by Kayreed Board & Timber and, if applicable, the transfer thereof to the Third Parties;
4.3. Kayreed Board & Timber does not and will not knowingly collect, maintain, disclose or otherwise process Personal Information from minors below the age of 18, without the permission of such minor’s parents or legal guardians.
5. Kayreed Board & Timber will collect data about how You use its services and products. By providing such personal information you will be deemed to have provided Kayreed Board & Timber with Your express consent to the lawful use and processing thereof.
6. In addition to the afore said, Kayreed Board & Timber may:
6.2. collect personal data and/or information from third parties where Kayreed Board & Timber operates accounts on such third party platforms, such as Facebook and Google.
7. Kayreed Board & Timber will:
7.1. treat Your Personal Information as strictly confidential;
7.2. automatically collect and store certain information in its server logs, such as web clicks, internet protocol addresses, device event information, cookies which may uniquely identify Your browser or Your account with Kayreed Board & Timber;
7.3. not retain Your Personal Information for longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless it is required by law to do so, or You consent to the retention thereof for a longer period.
8.Your Personal Information will be collected, processed and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
8.1. to process Your payments, if You purchase products, to provide You with Your order status, deal with Your enquiries and requests and assess and handle any complaints;
8.2. to process and answer Your enquiries and/or to contact You to answer Your questions and/or requests;
8.3. to provide You with services and products, where applicable;
8.4. to develop and improve Kayreed Board & Timber products, services, communication methods and/or the functionality of the Website;
8.5. to manage and give effect to its business requirements regarding Your participation in any competitions and/or promotions, which You may have entered;
8.6.to communicate information to You and to manage Your registration and/or subscription to any Kayreed Board & Timber newsletters or other communications;
8.7. to authenticate the identity of individuals making contact with Kayreed Board & Timber by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
8.8. for use in internal training and/or quality assurance purposes;
8.9. to understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve the Website, current products and/or services and/or for developing new products and/or services;
8.10. to provide You with personalised products, communications and/or targeted advertising, including without limitation, product recommendations and/or invitations to events;
8.11. to perform a contract to which You are or will be a party and/or where Kayreed Board & Timber has a legal obligation to collect, process and/or disclose Your Personal Information.
9. Where appropriate and required, You may be deemed to have consented to the use and processing of Your Personal Information, as a result of providing it to Kayreed Board & Timber or Kayreed Board & Timber will request that You provide Your consent to use and process Your Personal Information and in circumstances where You are deemed to or have provided your consent, You have the right to withdraw Your consent and/or object to any collection, processing and/or collection of Your Personal Information at any time by notifying the Kayreed Board & Timber information officer at email@example.com
10. In certain instances, Kayreed Board & Timber will rely on a legitimate interest for processing Your Personal Information on the basis that this ground will only be used where it is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and will only be relied upon where there is a no less intrusive way to process Your Personal Information.
11. Kayreed Board & Timber will share and/or transfer Your Personal Information to third parties when:
11.1. You have consented to the disclosure;
11.2. it is required in order to provide the services, which You have requested and/or in order to comply with a law or court order;
11.3. it is necessary to:
11.3.1. enforce and/or apply the terms and conditions of an agreement, which Kayreed Board & Timber may have entered into with a merchant and/or other third party;
11.3.2. protect the rights, property or safety of Kayreed Board & Timber, its employees, users and/or customers.
12. You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding any collection, processing and/or collection of Your Personal Information to the Information Regulator, the contact details of which are as follows:
Physical address: 33 Hoofd Street, Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark, Braamfontein